The history and aims of the HRATA Committee
The committee is the longest standing committee of its kind in NSW celebrating 66 years of operation in 2017. The committee operates as a conduit between industry and Government on all issues surrounding the VET sector.
The HRATA committee is made up of key stakeholders from within the vocational education and training arena, including but not limited to; Group Training Companies, Registered Training Organisations, Employers, Employer Associations, School to Work transition providers, Schools, State Training Services and the Department of Education and Training.
The committee aims to;
- Provide advice, information and support to industry and employers and promotes excellence within the VET sector.
- To encourage, stimulate and aid networking among members and between Government, associations and other key stakeholders with the VET sector
- To gather information of interest to members that will benefit them in everyday business operations
- Keep members informed on changes to Government policy pertaining to vocational education and training
- Feed information and concerns from industry back to the Minister of Education for consideration in policy and planning